Sunday, February 26, 2012

Southwestern Necklace

I must admit something:  I have never been to the southwest.  I WANT to go, preferably during the winter, but I just haven't made it there yet.  I know that parts of Arizona and New Mexico are almost overflowing with turquoise jewelry and beautiful hand crafted silver beauties.  As a teenager, I was in love with southwestern style jewelry.  T a certain degree, I guess I still am.

Although I cannot make it there for now, I have something that would fit right in.



I made this same style necklace last year and a friend of mine quickly bought it from my Etsy shop.  That one was also blue but the blue was much darker, almost a navy.


I LOVE the turquoise color of this necklace.  It's so bright and happy.  I used 2 different sizes of seed beads to give it a little more depth.  The little oval shaped beads give it character.



The clasp is something I love to use.  Sometimes, fiddling with lobster clasps can be a pain.  And for this necklace, the button just works.



It's a fun necklace to wear and it's a great way to add a great splash of color to a black shirt.



As with other things in my Etsy shop, if you like the design but would prefer different colors, just hop over and let me know.


-JW

No comments:

Post a Comment