Monday, February 13, 2012

Peridot and Tanzanite Swarovski Earrings

I have always had a thing for earrings.  I know that as a teenager, I had so many that I could have worn a different pair every day for a month and still had room to play.  And my tastes haven't changed much.  Dangle earrings have always been more fun for me to wear than studs.

When I made these earrings, I sort of fell in love.  The options are limitless.  I can pump out pair after pair and just change the colors of the beads.  For the first pair of these that I made, I went with the green and purple theme.  (Not a coincidence seeing as how right around that time, my husband and I painted my oldest stepdaughters room green and purple.  I guess it was just in my head.)



These earrings are just so fun and playful.  They could be dressy or they could be the perfect casual earrings to wear out anywhere.  They also SPARKLE when the light hits them.  Swarovski crystals catch light and radiate it back out and it's a beautiful effect.



This was actually my very first attempt at using wire to wrap around jewelry.  It was a lesson that was painful at the start, easier in the middle, and something to be proud of by the time I was finished.



I made a pair of these for myself, using black, red, and clear Swarovskis.  I call those my "Georgia earrings".  They frame the face so well and you can tell people are trying to get a better look at them without looking like they are staring you down.

Just like the rest of my jewelry, I can make these in just about any color combination.  Just hop on over to my Etsy shop and message me.


-JW

No comments:

Post a Comment