Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Caged.... in a snow globe?

It's mid February and the temps have been pretty mild here in Minneapolis.  The last few days were a little colder and not pleasant but today the temps had an upswing.  Sadly, when that happens, it usually snows.  And it's snowing.  HUGE, fluffy flakes have been falling for over an hour.  Luckily, the ground is warm so it's not really sticking.  (Small miracles.)

Today, I have a bracelet that was sort of a pain to put together but I LOVE the look.  It's different from most of what I see in jewelry stores right now.


Using cobalt blue, light blue, yellow, and light green crystals, I made this "caged" bracelet.  The cages are jump rings and yes, it was a little awkward getting 4 of them to line up correctly for every bead.  But the effort was worth it.  I like the way it turned out.


I used a toggle clasp because they are much easier to fasten and it gives the bracelet a little character.





As with most of my jewelry, if you like the bracelet but you aren't crazy about the colors, hop on over to my Etsy shop and let me know what colors you would prefer.


-JW

No comments:

Post a Comment